Want to know The Truth About CPM?

08 February 2011

A great deal for ODTUG members

A great deal for ODTUG members

Those of you who follow the insane rambling that is this Essbase blog (my mother reads it because I nag her about it and Glenn does it because he loves to heckle me and correct my manifold technical errors before I corrupt the world) know that I had a fun old time trying to run Oracle EPM 11.1.2 on my what-I-thought-was-quite-the-powerful-laptop.  Unfortunately, that dream assumed room temperature some time ago.

I ended up going with Full360 as they have the most complete Oracle EPM 11.1.2 product and their pricing model seemed to work best for me.

And now the deal gets better

I’ve been paying $99/month for the EPM 11.1.2 stack (I am a loyal ODTUG individual member so I get this low price) plus all of my Amazon Web Services costs.  It’s about $150/month and some of you may choke on that but if I were to compare it to buying that $14,000 laptop it really doesn’t seem bad at all.

But you don’t have to spend the way I do, and actually, even I don’t have to the way I do (huh?).  I am in the silent and vocal majority that likes to lower costs, and I suspect you are too.

Full360 has a limited time offer that will lower your monthly cost to…nothing.  

How do I (and you) save $350?

This is so easy.
  1. Contact Full360 via the web or on email
  2. Sign up for Amazon Web Services at http://aws.amazon.com.  Yes, that same id that you use to buy those awesome Tintin books can get you into the cloud and into 11.1.2 lickety-split.
  3. Use this great tutorial to get your feet wet.
  4. Pay a one-time setup fee of $49.99 and then until 30 May 2011, pay Full360 exactly…nothing.

Even I can do the math

My current Full360 charges

Number of months between February to May = 4
Current monthly cost = $99
Full360 charges = 4 * $99 = $396

And the future

Number of months between February to May = 4
Current monthly cost = $0
One time set up fee = $49.99
Full360 charges = (4 * $0) + $49.99  = $49.99

When I do the math, that’s $396 - $49.99 = $346.01.  Okay, I rounded up, but that’s still a lot of dosh and a pretty penny all at the same time.

What are you waiting for?

An invitation from the Queen?  You’ve got an invitation from a geek (that would be me, HRH is unfortunately unlikely to request and require your participation).  Go for it and dive deep into the goodness that is Oracle EPM 11.1.2.  The price and effort level is low.  What are you waiting for?

Shameless plug

And oh yes, come to my presentation at ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2011 at Long Beach.  Rohit Amarnath of Full360 and I will walk you through the awesomeness that is EPM in the cloud if you haven’t already figured it out thanks to this great deal.

No comments: