Want to know The Truth About CPM?

04 September 2013

Tim and Cameron’s Excellent Essbase/EPM Oracle OpenWorld 2013 meetup

Where oh where oh where will you be at Oracle OpenWorld 2013?

Presumably you’ll be running around like a chicken with your head cut off.  That’s the point behind conferences, right?   So maybe nowhere, then.  And How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You’re Not Anywhere At All?  Hmm, that sounds strangely existential and I’m pretty sure OOW 2013 isn’t the place to gaze at your navel and contemplate the universe.  It’s a whirlwind of meetings, sessions, seminars, councils, and just a busy, busy, busy time.  Is there any opportunity to relax in what has got to be one of the largest and hectic conferences extant?  

Tim and Cameron’s Excellent Essbase/EPM Oracle OpenWorld 2013 meetup

Why yes there is.  Last year I wrote about our inaugural meetup here in this very blog.  It was a smashing success (no, no plates were broken in the course of the event although I was as always ready to let out my inner Zorba the Greek – or is that Geek?) in that it was informal, relaxed, and just about perfect meetup with a bunch of mostly Essbase (although all colors of the EPM spectrum are welcome) geeks and Oracle’s EPM management.  

Yup, you read that right.  I personally sat across from the head of EPM product management and had the Essbase development manager to my right.  I don’t know about you but I don’t typically get to talk to these guys in anything other than a formal setting.  Come to think of it, I don’t get to talk to them in a formal setting either.  So it was sort of special event.  And it could be for you as well.

We’re going to try to recapture lightning in that proverbial bottle and do it again.  Of course I cannot guarantee that there will be anyone at this event other Tim Tow and myself as we are certainly not the masters of the EPM universe.  Hopefully some people from the Oracle EPM world can make it – I think they enjoyed it as much as we geeks on the outside of Big Red did.

What, how, when, and where?

What

To get a feel of how many people are coming to the event, I have created a meetup event:  The best Essbase meetup at OOW 2013. 24 September, 7pm, Specchio-Ristorante.  In true geek fashion I endeavored to cram as much information as possible into the title but I’ll break it out for everyone not into decoding fields.

Also, I should note that this is a pay-your-own-way event.  It’s not an official Oracle anything so if you have an invite to a consulting company dinner and you like to live high on the hog, the Essbase/EPM meetup might not be for you.  But I’ll bet our conversation is way more interesting.  :)

How

The meetup link is how you répondez s'il vous plait to the event so we have an idea of how big this particular breadbox is.  Please do sign up if you intend on coming so we can plan.

We are trying to limit this to about 50 to 75 people as the physical space, while spacious, is not the size of HMS King George V.

When

7 pm, Tuesday, 24 September 2013.

Where

It’s at Speccio-Ristorante, 2331 Mission St. (between 19th St & 20th St), San Francisco.  They have excellent Venetian food, coffee (did I mention I like coffee?), and of course a bar.  

Join us, won’t you?

I think I’ve given you every bit of information I can and enthused about this as breathlessly as I can.  In other words, I have shot my meetup promotional bolt.  Hopefully it found its target and you’ll come to the the event.

Be seeing you.

No comments: